Monday, November 19, 2018

Peanut Butter Cookies - Flourless to Boot

Best peanut butter cookies EVER!
Peanut butter cookies are my very favorite cookie! Actually, it's one of the very few cookies I like - can't really think of another one...well except for Hyacinth's Everything Cookies, which are simply sublime. I saw this recipe on some website and thought I had to try it as it looked easy enough for even me, a total non-baker, not to screw up. Guess what? I didn't! While traditional recipes call for flour and a bunch of other ingredients, this recipe only has four ingredients! If you're a peanut butter cookie fanatic, I promise these will be the best you've ever had! Really don't know why you'd make them any other way! (Best thing? No exact measurements required!)

1 heaping C. smooth (or chunky) peanut butter (I used Skippy)
3/4 C. sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. 
Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix very well. Be sure all the egg is completely incorporated. Shape dough into balls and put on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. My cookie balls were WAY too big - I only had 15 cookies (and I should have made smaller 1" or so cookie balls, to yeild 30 cookies). When they're on the cookie sheet(s), flatten with the tines of a fork. (Obviously from the photos, I need to work on my fork tine flattening skills!) Bake for 10 to 15 minutes - time will vary slightly based on your oven - just check often for doneness. Place cookie sheet on a rack and cool for at least 10 minutes before moving to a serving platter. Enjoy!! 



~~~

YUM!

'till we feast again! 
xoabb

No comments:

Post a Comment