Wednesday, November 28, 2018

A Missourahhh Girl's Take on a CT Lobster Roll

I've been in Connecticut longer than in my beloved Missourahhh...
This is my take on a beloved Connecticut-original.
Every once and a while, Stew Leonard's, my local kinda grocery store, has a sale on lobster tails. Four for $20.00. When that happens, I get 'em and make GB Connecticut lobster rolls.
Since I had hot lobster rolls first, very soon after we moved here in '78, it was a loooong time before I realized that there were two very different types of lobster rolls tied to New England. There's the New England lobster roll which, I believe, originated in Maine - it's cold and involves mayonnaise and celery, among other ingredients. Then there's the Connecticut lobster, which is warm and involves lots and lots of butter...and lobster meat. My favorite is that delicious CT roll! 

2 top-sliced/split hot dog buns, aka New England-style buns, (brioche buns if you can find them)   
4 lobster tails, about 1 lb. total, thawed, cut into chunks and lightly chopped 
1/2 - 1 stick butter, divided
1 t. paprika
1/2 lemon or 2 t. True Lemon crystals
parsley, fresh and chopped, about a handful

Melt 2 T. of the butter in the skillet and toast in the pan, the buns. Remove buns (duh!). Melt rest of butter (at least 1/2 the stick) and add the paprika and lemon. When hot, add the lobster meat and toss until the lobster meat is done. Toss the parsley on top and toss again to mix. Place half the lobster on each bun. Boil all the liquid off the skillet and spoon remaining butter onto the lobster meat. Serve immediately. Serve with salt if you have a salt-lover who is the recipient - salt will dry the lobster meat out if added during the saute.

(I've read a lot of different takes on this recipe - this is mine!)

~~~

YUM!
'till we feast again! 

xoabb

No comments:

Post a Comment